Real Estate and Mortgage Licences Suspended
Calgary, Alberta — on February 9 and 13, 2022, the Chair of the Residential Real Estate Broker Industry Council and the Chair of the Mortgage Broker Industry Council of the Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA) suspended the real estate associate and mortgage associate licence of Jane Doe. Jane is not licensed to trade in real estate or deal in mortgages in Alberta.
The Chairs determined it is in the public interest to temporarily suspend Jane pending the outcome of conduct proceedings under the Real Estate Act.
Allegations against Jane include, breaching of:
Real Estate Act s.38
- failing to cooperate with an investigation
Real Estate Act Rules s.41(a)(b)(d)(e)
A licensee must:
- act honestly
- provide competent service
- fulfill their fiduciary obligations to their clients
- ensure the role of the licensee is clearly understood by their clients and third parties
Real Estate Act Rules s.42(a)(b)(g)
A licensee must not:
- make representations or carry on business that is reckless or intentional and misleads or deceives any person or is likely to do so
- participate in fraudulent or unlawful activities in connection with the provision of services or in any dealings
- engage in conduct that undermines public confidence in the industry, harms the integrity of the industry, or brings the industry into disrepute
Jane was most recently registered as a real estate associate registered with 4 Million.ca Inc. O/A Estateview and a mortgage associate with 1170245 Alberta Ltd. o/a Dominion Lending Centres Global.